Express Entry BC Skilled Worker Category
The Express Entry BC (EEBC) Skilled Worker category of British Columbia PNP is designed for foreign skilled workers who have education and experience in high-demand occupations. There is a variety of professional, technical, trade and managerial occupations that qualify you for obtaining permanent residence in BC.
To be able to apply for Canada PR under this category and become a provincial nominee in the province of British Columbia, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You need to meet the basic criteria for one of the Express Entry immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class). You must receive an Express Entry profile number and a job seeker validation code.
- You must receive a valid job offer from an employer in BC for a full-time position without a set end date. The job must be in one of the skilled occupations of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) and be equal to Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B.
- You should be qualified to carry out the job responsibilities and duties and have relevant education or training.
- You need to have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- You should have enough funds to support yourself and your family during Canada immigration.
- You must be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada.
- If your occupation falls into the NOC skill level B category, you need to meet the language requirements.
- Your wage offer should be in line with BC wage rates for your occupation.
To qualify for the BC provincial nominee program, you need to make sure that your employer meets specific eligibility requirements. They should support your application, and issue you a written job offer and decent wages. They should also have a history of fair business practices and demonstrate good standing in BC.
How to proceed with the provincial nomination?
You will be required to set up an account with BC PNP Online, the provincial application and registration system. Once you submit your information, you will be given a score based on your occupation, skills and job offer. Qualifying registrants with the highest ratings are invited to apply through BC PNP online.